Broadview magazine (Broadview.org) is looking for part time (17.5 hours per week) Digital Marketing Specialist To help our fundraising, advertising, subscription and newsletter managers implement their online campaigns and increase their revenue through our digital platforms. This is a 12-month contract with the possibility of renewal.
This post will report to Jocelyn Bell, Broadview Editor and Publisher. We are currently working remotely but this position may be based in our East Toronto office when it reopens, with the flexibility to work mixed.
Broadview content focuses on spirituality (from a progressive Christian perspective), social justice, and the moral life. It is the oldest continuously published magazine in North America, with roots dating back to 1829. The printed magazine is published eight times a year and delivered to paying subscribers. Page views on Broadview.org have increased by 19% in the past year. In addition to our website, we are active on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and are committed to continuing to develop our online presence. In the spring of 2021, Broadview won “Best Special Interest Magazine” from the National Magazine Awards.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, implementing and managing all revenue generating digital marketing initiatives including fundraising campaigns, advertising campaigns, subscription drives and newsletters
- Coordination and presentation of advertisements on Broadview.org
- Perform an A/B test; Report on the results
- Create and maintain a digital marketing calendar of activities
- Provide technical support to challenging employees using Mailchimp, Google Ad Manager, Facebook Ads and Google Ads
- Regularly meet with several employees to ensure projects are on track
- Suggest ways to improve our website, fundraisers, advertising and subscription to generate more revenue
- Liaise with digital editorial content editors to coordinate publications and newsletters
- Contact your third-party web developer as needed
- Work on special projects and administrative tasks as needed
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology, social platforms, and software trends
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Attention to detail with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- An ability to understand historical, current and future trends in digital marketing and social media.
- trick. Someone who understands challenges and offers solutions, and has an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong communication in written and verbal English
- A passion for at least one of the following: journalism, magazines, social justice, or progressive Christianity – or all of the above!
- Diploma, Degree and 3+ years experience in Digital Marketing
- First-hand experience using social media management and analytics tools
- Direct experience in digital fundraising, advertising and/or subscription sales
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience in project management tools.
- Experience with Mailchimp, Google Ads Manager, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, SEO
- Working knowledge of Hootsuite, WordPress, Canva, SalesForce and HTML
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 21, 2021. Broadview is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity and gender expression.